||Ignitor Assembly Heater
- Rapid heat: unit reaches a temperature of 1,700 deg. F in less than 2 minutes.
- Rugged construction includes hermetically sealed connector assembly.
- Extensive testing ensures reliability.
This igniter assembly is used in nuclear containment buildings throughout the world.
It's primary function is to burn off excess hydrogen in the nuclear containment domes.
||Reaction Control Engine Heater
- Combination heater/sensor controls temperature - mounts directly on thruster body.
- Operating temperature range: -65 to 750 deg. F.
- Duty cycle: 50,000 cycles / 36,000 hours.
- Build to withstand harsh environmental elements.
A 30 watt heater is combined with a platinum temperature sensing element for use on the
Space Shuttle engine thrusters.
- Mounted to heat exchanger cavity, this device generates temperatures to 4,200 deg. F.
- Orbital life duty cycle is 12 years.
- Over 86 separate pieces of hardware are used to manufacture the complete heater.
- Materials include tungsten, thoriated tungsten, TZM, inconel 600 and ceramics.
Augmentation heater is an integral part of advanced satellite propulsion system. Two heaters are
mounted to a thruster heat exchanger cavity where exhaust is super heated to provide extra thrust.
This additional thrust substantially extends the life of the satellite.
||Airflow Heater Assembly
- Heater conditions airflow under low temperature operating conditions encountered from sea level to 70,000 feet in elevation.
- Thermal sensors are added for safety.
- Thorough testing under a variety of environmental conditions are required.
An airflow heater with built in thermal switch provides rapid heating for airborne optical
- Tayco has had years of experience designing and manufacturing a variety of thruster heaters to customer specifications.
- Reliability: Heater built to withstand exposure to orbital environmental conditions for a minimum of seven years.
Tayco is a qualified supplier of thruster heaters for major space programs in the United States, Europe,
Japan, Israel, and South Africa.
- Cartridge heaters use an innovative free-standing coil heating element to survive extreme temperature cycling and vibration exposure.
- Light weight: The heater shown weighs .024 pound (10.9 g).
- Operating temperature: 0 to 1700 deg. F.
Used on numerous satellites as a catalyst bed heater.
||Aircraft Lavatory Water Heater
- Durable stainless steel construction.
- Provides rapid heat-up and recovery.
- Size: 4.2 inch diameter, 11.5 inch length, weight less than 3.7 pounds.
Lavatory heater is designed to meet Boeing Aircraft requirements.
- Manned space flight qualified heater assembly.
- Highly efficient heat transfer: (+) 160 F at 68 lbs/hour, (+) 100 F at 100 lbs/hour.
- Interchangeable heaters and sensors.
This manifold assembly is designed to heat air in a flow stream on the Space Station. The heated air
regenerates the carbon dioxide absorption package astronauts use on extra vehicular activities.